Tinnitus is a condition where a person hears noises in the ear without the presence of any external sound. It can affect both ears or be worse in one.
For most people it limits their ability to hear properly, it can lead to vertigo and there may also be an ear discharge. Most people experience a fullness or heaviness in the ears, which is unpleasant.
Homeopathic medicine can decrease the severity of the symptoms especially if continued on a long term basis and more easily if the symptoms are not too severe. There are no conventional drugs available to treat tinnitus. But some drugs are given to reduce the complications of tinnitus. These complications may be depression, anxiety, dizziness, insomnia, stress and difficult concentration. There are not many alternative treatments for tinnitus, which give good results and so homeopathy is certainly worth trying.
Homeopathy aims to cure the problem at its cause and to avoid suppressing symptoms that lead to more problems in future. Treating the individual is most important as there is no one treatment that helps everyone. Sometime tinnitus has its cause in the blockage of the inner ear. It can also be from a drug reaction or listening to very loud music. It may be due to high blood pressure or a build-up of earwax. It may also be an emotional problem, or temporomandibular joint (TMJ] Different people hear different sounds and this must also be considered.
- Lachesis is a homeopathic remedy indicated for drumming sounds.
- China Officinalis is a homeopathic remedy indicated for humming sounds.
- Kali Mur treats tinnitus when there is a build-up of mucous in nose and throat and a history of ear infections. Popping and crackling noises are an indication.
- Natrum salicylicum treats tinnitus that develops from Meniere’s disease. There may be hearing loss and the sounds are low tones and mostly constant with vertigo.
- Chenopodium Anth, a medicine for tinnitus with sudden vertigo. They may hear high pitches sounds, mainly buzzing sounds. They may also hear heart beats.
- Graphitites, when there is hissing, whistling, roaring and buzzing sounds; when symptoms are worse by moving the head and jaw. The ear feels stuffed and there may be a sense of dryness in the ear.
The list goes on but at least this gives you an idea of how homeopathy works. To assist with treating Tinnitus one should avoid loud noises or use earplugs to protect the ears. Avoiding alcohol and smoking can also help. Using q-tips is not good and should also be avoided.
If you would like to book a homeopathic appointment please call Karuna 0408705650
Consultations can also be done via skype or over phone.
Karuna Tohow. Dip Hom Med, Ayur Cert, LBA Cert, BW Dip A.T.M.S